mercredi 4 mars 2015

How to naturally increase iron levels apart from iron supplements?

Hello my baby is 15 months old and is mildly anemic. The normal lower end range should be 10.5 and she is 9.9. For the past 2 months she has been taking iron supplements, but there has been absolutely no change in her iron levels.

I have been giving her juice and pieces of fruit along with the iron drops and following the recommendations of the doctor by giving cheerios and other iron rich foods (ground lamb, broccolli, spinach, oatmeal, nuts etc etc...).


Out of desperation I also recently started adding 1 small tsp of blackstrap molasses to her oatmeal as its supposed to increase iron (even though it is cane sugar).


Has anyone else had a similar experience? What else can I do to increase her iron levels. Her levels dont have to increase a whole lot for her to be in the normal range, so was wondering whether there are any other foods I could give her.


She has one more month of supplements to go before our pediatrician recommends a specialist (hematologist) if her levels dont increase.


Any suggestions?

thanks,

cooks


You Might Find These Useful:





How to naturally increase iron levels apart from iron supplements?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire