vendredi 20 mars 2015

Welcome

Ever since we migrated to the US, we miss the opportunity to have a dharshan of this Satguru. We consider the period we lived in Pune and Mumbai as golden period as not a day passed without us having a dharshan of this Satguru. Yes, I am talking about Shirdi Sai Baba. Every time, I see this Satguru’s marble statue, He comes alive for me. I feel soulful connection with the Satguru as I look at Him. When I sit closing my eyes in front of Him, my thoughts disappear completely and my heart beats His name.

My grandfather was one of the first to worship this divine being in our family when he was the principal of the leading Engineering College located in Chennai in 1940s. Since then, our entire family melts whenever we get an opportunity to have dharshan of this divine being. It is such a coincidence that His temple is stone throw distance from where my parents-in-law live in Chennai. When we first moved to Pune with our son, he was only five months old. We decided to take him to Shirdi to get the blessings of the Satguru. When we reached Shirdi and about to enter the Shrine, the Aarathi started with all the sound associated with the Aarathi. My wife and I decided to make our son walk holding his hands on either side.


Suddenly, an elderly person who was wearing Kafni walked in from the temple and before we could say anything lifted our son with both his hands and held him close to his chest and kissed my son’s head. Then, he dropped him in the ground and touched his head with both his hands as sign of his blessings to the child and walked quickly away from the temple. Everything happened so quickly before we could realize what happened. We took it as Baba’s blessings to our son and enjoyed the Aarathi to our heart’s content.


I have been trying to go to Shirdi for the past five years but without any success. Then, I decided to send a check through a friend of mine who was going to Shirdi from Florida via Chennai. When she returned, we were anxious to know whether she was able to donate our check but she replied negative stating that she forgot the check in Chennai before she went to Shirdi. Both my wife and I were crestfallen to hear that. Immediately, we went on a trip to Inverness, a temple in Florida built exclusively for Shirdi Baba. We prayed to Him to forgive us and when I was meditating in His Shrine, I lost myself and was in thoughtless state for nearly 15 minutes.


Last week, we came to know that Shirdi Sai Baba Shrine is going to be built inside the Hindu Temple of Florida in our city and Kumbabishekam to be performed this weekend. Immediately, I called one of the Trustees of the temple and committed to donate the same amount for the Kumbabishekam. This time, I was scared whether Shirdi Baba would accept our contribution. Therefore, we decided to visit His Temple in Inverness this week. When my wife and I walked in, Aarathi started and we both were very pleased. After the complete ritual, a little Baba’s Panchaloga idol was placed in the cradle and we were all asked to shake the cradle. Then we completed all the night rituals. We sat their meditating for a prolonged period of time and again, I was in thoughtless state for a while. I prayed to Him to accept this little donation from the bottom of my heart. When I was about to leave, my shirt got caught in one of the handles. I felt Baba was calling me back in. Then priest handed over sweets to me to take home as prasadam. Other devotees in the temple informed us that it was Ekadasi day and they were all fasting since morning. They requested us to partake some prasadam and then leave. I took it as Baba’s grace to us.


Today, my wife and I went to the local temple where the Kumbhabishekam proceedings were initiated. We took sankalpa and returned home with the blessings of Baba. Both my wife and I were in tears to see the grace of the divine Satguru. Tomorrow, I am dedicating my time to volunteer in a dental camp that would be conducted for homeless from 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. On Sunday, I will be attending the Kumbhabishegam of Shirdi Baba’s Shrine. Even though I have Baba’s Panchaloga and marble mini idols in my office and see Him every day and I always have Him in my heart, I am happy that His idol is installed in our city with proper rituals. I am ever grateful for the grace of the Satguru.


You Might Find These Useful:





Welcome

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire