I'm expecting my second child end of this month and currently staying at my mother's place as hubby is based in overseas. I didn't want to come to mother's place for delivery but had to since we very badly wanted this one particular gyane to handle my pregnancy and delivery.
It seems like I can stay with my MIL under the same roof but not with my mother. My eldest is 3 years and was a late talker. We were adviced to restrict him from television but my mother keeps watching serials the whole day. After I delivered my son, I was at my mother's place on and off as hubby worked abroad. Once hubby was back and stationed in one place, we moved back to our place. So my son was less exposed to tv and I used to do lots of activities with him and he started to catch up quite fast.
Now that I'm going to be at mother's place till next year, this is affecting my son's development. Mother keeps watching serials whole day. Fine it's her house but she encourages my son to watch with her even after I have told her not to a number of times. When my son plays with his musical toys, she tells him to switch it off or else she threatens him saying the uncle on the drama or the neighbours would come after him etc. This had made my son less confident when facing people. Again I have confronted her on this many times yet she keeps doing it.
When I let my son to do some painting, she starts yelling at him tat the paint is touching the floor even though I clean up after tat. When I encourage my son to drink with cup, she is not happy because he may spill it. She is not happy when I give him lollipop, ice cream, oil bath. I have to face her nonsense daily and I'm stressed up all the time. I just hate to stay here and can't wait to go back.
I have opened a thread here some time ago quating some of the issues with her and I'm not expecting her to change and I know she will never change. I have lots of resentments and grudges on her that disturbs me everyday even when she is away from us.
Please don't tell me to forgive her. I can't as she had done lots of damage which is not possible to list out everything here. Tell me how to ignore all her nonsense and protect my son from her.
Thank you.
Fed up with mother
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire