mardi 21 octobre 2014

MIL situation, not sure what to do!!

Long Post!!

My MIL is a good person, hence I have been ignoring few problems because thought that small are always needed families


The main problem I have with my MIL is she tries to control our decisions and has her way in very important decision in our life's. My husband is very attached to MIL and I respect that bond


- First and significant problem that affects me is how they treat my parents. MIL always expects gifts from my parents and always wants my parents to do all the ceremonies, asks my parents to give us expensive gifts. My parents initially did not mind this but its getting too much for me and my parents now. She wants my parents to bear expenses for my daughters first birthday, Mundan ceremony and anything related. This is just a example. I have spoken to my parents and strictly asked them to say no. I have confronted this few times and she says this is "paddathi" that they have done for there daughter so they expect the same from us.


- My Inlwas never speak to my parents, my parents always have to call them and visit them . Not a single call If my parents dont call them like every 15 days, she gets upset saying that my parents dont care about me. Basically she dislikes my parents for some reason.


- Now the controlling nature, just few incidents below


* She got upset becos I forgot to mention about returns gifts I purchased for my Srimantham.

* I had breastfeeding issues (not enough milk) she put all the blame and me and my parents saying that my parents are not providing nutritious food for me hence I am failing wit BF. She literally cried before my husband saying and BM is very important for baby and I am not doing a good job trying ( I did try very hard even consulted a lactation consultant and followed her instructions


* We planned to celebrate every important milestone in my daughters life likes

cradle ceremony, annaprasana etc but she always stops it saying she never did for her kids so no need to do now, becos according to her that the paddathi.


* I dont eat NV during Ganapthi Navaratri, I explained to her that but still she literally forced me to eat egg during ganapthi navaratri becos she says not I should follow there familys tradition, as they eat I should also eat it.


I have reached saturation point I cannot take her attitude any more. I have explained this to my husband , he tries to speak to MIL but no results.


How can we explain to her :(






MIL situation, not sure what to do!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire