mardi 20 janvier 2015

stingy MIL strikes again

You are visiting your MIL on weekends. You have the right to be treated as a visitor at her place with respect. However, you can not expect her to treat you and her other visitors equally. It is impossible.

Moreover, you can not demand or fight for what they offer to eat. However, you can be more preventive of any such misbehavior that could hurt both.


If I were you, I would either stop the regular weekend visit if I am not comfortable there. Specially if I am not given adequate food, then I would definitely inform my H about it. Neither I, nor my kids can starve on a long run. More over, I shall offer to take some dishes prepared by me at my home to serve everyone whenever I visit there. So that, if MIL's food is not adequate, I can still manage with whatever I have in hand. Also, it can be served for others too.


I would also take some biscuits and snacks, so that in case of less food it can be of help.


It is bad to serve different food for different people. It is discrimination. But imagine. Your SIL comes to her mothers place. That is always special for every married woman.


Your SIL might not have turned up the said date. But probably she might have told her mom to keep the food, so that she could have it on the next day.


Since that food was prepared for her with whatever the sentiments, lets respect it.


More over, MIL's house is not your mother's house. See the difference, accept it and move on






stingy MIL strikes again

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire