mercredi 22 octobre 2014

Wife very rigid when it comes to relationship with my family

Hi All,

Thanks for reading.


We are married (arranged) for more than one year now. We are a fairly happy couple in this one year who like to get out, eat out, enjoy movies together with fair amount of understanding between each other.


We got married in India and within few weeks we moved to USA as I work here. We stayed in each other's home for a week after marriage. We got here to USA and started our life.


From day 1 until today she never bothers about my parents and my sister. She doesn't have the basic understanding of marriage in terms of new relationships that this marriage would bring into her life. She always assumes and thinks she is an introvert and doesnt mingle with other people so easily and I have been given this same excuse all through this year (She does take time but have seen her make new friends). I had the patience to wait an year for her to take her time and accept my family. But she is at the same exact starting point where she was on day 1.


She is least bothered whats happening to my people while she knows every minute detail that happens in her home. Seeing her neglect for my family is affecting my relationship with her and my in laws. I have explained this to her million times and have asked whats her problem? why is she not even talking to my family? and the reply I get is that the reason is that I am asking her these questions.




I thought of remaining patient with her but this particular incident showing her stubborn and rigidness scared me. She visited India on her own for her family reasons and I couldn't make it coz of work. She is stayed for quite a few weeks in India. My parents also live in the same city. She hasn't bothered to even visit them or stay with them even a couple days in those (quite a few) weeks she was in India. My parents received her and gifted her when she arrived. She hasn't called them even once during her stay in the same city nor would wish them on any special occasions.


My parents are really worried whether she would stay aloof like an outsider and I have explained to them to give her more time. But her recent India stay and her rigid behavior is shaking my belief system.. should I wait patiently and give her more time or she is just going give out lame excuses and buy more time but would continue neglecting my family?


To mention she has the strong backing of her own family and they support her in every action she does right or wrong - they would JUST simply justify her and she is heavily influenced by her mother.


Need you opinion on how to further treat this issue. Should I wait patiently or talk to her (already done many times) or any other suggestions.





Thank you.






Wife very rigid when it comes to relationship with my family

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire