dimanche 5 avril 2015

SIL doing back stabbing and trying to create unnecessary issues

Hi All,

Till recently I thought I shared good relationship with SIL. But an incident happened.


There was lunar grahan recently and in laws came up with a lot of restrictions for it. They called my DH and told him to get me to follow: Don't eat or drink anything for over 4 hours. Afterwards Wash all house and utensils. Throw away all food from fridge and cook everything again. Don't do any work during this time. Close all doors and windows and just sleep. Don't take any medicines.


Am pregnant and in very delicate situation due to previous miscarriage and surgery. It will be very harmful for me to stay without even water. Also I come from different background and don't believe in this superstition.


So when DH told me, I told him that I follow all their religious rituals (pooja), festivals and food cooking style etc. But please communicate to them that I will not follow this as I don't believe in this at all and propagate this. I would have told them this directly if they would have spoken to me directly. But since they called him only, I also told him.


Now SIL calls with same thing and sends me same message to strictly follow. I being fool and not experienced enough in their family politics - I thought DH must have already communicated. So I sent her a very polite message saying. "Hi Didi. Please don't mind. I don't believe in this."


I don't want to lie to anyone and say I am following when I don't. Also in future if they come to stay with us, they will see me not following and would have got offended for hiding that am not doing.


Today I came to know SIL created a huge issue out of this. She messaged my DH and told him to see my message (as if living in same house he doesn't know that I don't follow). She called my in laws also and created full misunderstanding about my not following and hiding. When in fact I told DH clearly to communicate that I will not follow.


Today she lost all respect from me. Instead of doing all this back biting if she would have called me and got a clarification from me, then I would have bonded to her more. But she resorted to cheap tricks and trying to create problems in the family.


Just a rant - sorry for the long post.


You Might Find These Useful:





SIL doing back stabbing and trying to create unnecessary issues

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire