lundi 6 avril 2015

Is expecting basic civility amounting to arrogance ?

Hello everyone,

I frantically want some advice.


In my house (ILs), none of my DH's sisters or his children talk to me, unless I talk to them. Two of his niece, stay with us, even though I went all out of my way and helped in the wedding of the elder one, she cares two hoots about me. Same is the case with the younger niece, who still stays with us.


Only if i talk to her does she reply to me, and that too without addressing me as aunt, just a general reply in my direction. The same is the case when his three sisters visit us.


When i tell my DH about this, he says becoz I am arrogant that I am earning, i feel that everybody should come and talk to me. If u feel so much about it, just ignore them.


When I ignore them, my MIL pointedly tells me to go and talk to them.


I feel that a little basic courtesy is required from my DH's sisters and their children. Am I wrong.


They will never change, (it is nearly 15 years of marriage), so how do i ignore them and save my sanity.


Please advice.


You Might Find These Useful:





Is expecting basic civility amounting to arrogance ?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire