mercredi 8 avril 2015

Changes in diet from India to USA

Hi Friends,

I came US in last June and since then experienced lot changes of with food regime according to the season. Better would say, 'day' rather than 'season'. The sturdy and gradual change in temperatures in India was the way, we adapted.


And all of a sudden, I felt its too hard and embarrassed with new climate and adapting for the temperature. I would like to know about the food habits, you guys especially changed in your diet compared to India. Coming to the kids, i heard a lot about "milk here has growth hormones and kids would grow tall very soon and adults might become chubby" - not sure how true it is, but have lot of confusion here.


Coming to the meat - organic vs inorganic. - Which one you are providing to your family. With the lots of options available in the stores, its getting hard to choose as everyone looks for healthy ones.


As most of the people who came here from India are on IT, which requires lots of boosting energy for mental health and very light food for physical health. In the view of increase in diabetes statistics in the recent years, many people are avoiding rice and substituting with other. what changes did you made?


Breakfast - I m sure who had very traditional background would like to eat - idli/dosa/vada/ upma/rice varieties as breakfast. But here, many might be choosing other ones like bread/cereals/maggi over the above. I fear do we get the same vitamins and nutrients in the later one.


Compared to our previous generations, its true that we dont have their energy, ability, resistance power. But, it's nothing wrong in trying to be. So, would like to know food habits of you and your family. Please share!


You Might Find These Useful:





Changes in diet from India to USA

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire